Charlaine Hirst is a golf professional – TCP – Class A who has run this program for 9 years. golflessonsnc.com
She has used golf as the ‘hook’ to embolden girls from the ages of 6-16 and consistent with the LPGA Foundation National Initiative of creating positive female role models and inspiring the girls under her tutelage of the 5 E’s Included in this show are 5 of her students, Emma Dennis, Allie Hirst, Kate Grantham, Keely Ferdinand & Molly Ferdinand who all speak about their experiences.
- National initiative of LPGA Foundation: Found in 1989, now 415 sites – create experiences that help girls fall in love with the game! Girl friendly, positive female role models and inspiring girls with 5 E’s
- We EMPOWER girls with confidence and inspire them to dream BIG
- We ENRICH girls lives by expanding their minds and horizons
- We ENERGIZE girls with passion for the game of golf
- We EXERCISE girls’ minds and bodies by helping them unlock their full potential
- We ENGAGE girls with positive female role models and mentors
- 5 E Ambassadors: Stacy Lewis, Brittany Lincicome, Lizette Salas, Lexi Thompson, and Tiffany Joh
- To date the GG program has reached more than 500,000 girls and roughly 70,000 per year!
Our Goals as LPGA instructors/GG Site Directors are:
Keeping girls ENGAGED in sports and increasing RETENTION
Instilling CONFIDENCE and inspiring girls to live ACTIVE lifestyles
Providing social opportunities and lifelong FRIENDSHIPS
Encouraging FAMILY involvement
Helping them to EMBRACE volunteerism in their communities
MEALS ON WHEELS w/ Executive Director Rebecca Listrom
Rebecca gives us a great overview of Meals On Wheels of the Sandhills, Inc. It was started in 1974 by Ida Baker Scott for five of her friends who needed a hot, nourishing meal. This year our Volunteers will deliver approximately 24,000 meals.
Today, we have more than 100 dedicated Volunteers who donate their time and use of their vehicles to deliver an average of 100 meals each weekday, 260 days a year to those in need. Each month our lunch-time meals are delivered (Monday through Friday, including weekday holidays) to the homebound in the towns of Aberdeen, Pinebluff, Pinehurst and Southern Pines. We have no financial or age restrictions, and we receive no government funding. Meals On Wheels is a non-profit, tax-exempt charitable organization depending entirely on private monetary help to exist.