Toni Portu is an artisan soap & candle maker in Moore County.
Land of the Pines Soap Co. always uses the highest quality ingredients. All
of my soaps are made using raw goats milk for its skin healing & soothing
properties. All soaps, soaks, salves and balms are crafted with Organic
Coconut Oil, Organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Organic Olive Oil, Sunflower
Oil, RSPO Palm Oil, Organic Grapeseed Oil, Organic Unrefined Hemp Seed Oil, Raw & Unfiltered Local Honey, Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils and more. These gentle, skin loving products will keep your skin nourished &
All of my Soaps are handcrafted with love and the attempt to create a
piece of working art. Using raw goats milk & several different recipes
created myself of skin loving oils, herbs, butters & tea’s. All of the beautiful designs are made with clays, minerals & botanical colorants. The soaps are then cut, stamped, beveled, and cured for 4-6 weeks to ensure they are extra gentle and long lasting last in the shower.
Some of the topics discussed include the following:
- Commercial Store bought soaps vs. Artisan Soaps
- Skin Types & array of Scents
- Organic, Non-GMO, RSPO, Phthalate Free – Terms to clarify
- Essential vs Fragrance Oils
- Gov’t overreach into Artisan makers home based businesses
- The aspect of Art in the creation of soaps
- Sodium Hydroxide as a necessary ingredient
- The many different types of butter (Kokum, Avocado)
In addition to soaps, Toni also produces scented candles, men’s shave & balm
products, Bath bombs and natural air cleansers.
Instagram: Land of the Pines Soap Company