The Boys & Girls Club of the Sandhills is celebrating its 20th year!
Next Friday, Dec. 13th, they will be holding an event, GIFTING GREAT FUTURES DAY from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
This phone-a-thon will feature many of the well-known companies and supporters of the Club, who will be reaching out to many of us for our financial support. Chief Executive Officer joins us to discuss the many aspects of the Boys & Girls Club and the great work they do in the Moore County Community.
Boys & Girls Club of the Sandhills
- Open for 20 years
- Our mission is to inspire, enable and educate young people from all backgrounds and circumstances to realize their full potential as responsible, productive and caring citizens.
- 4 Club sites in Southern Pines and Aberdeen- Trinity Club, Aberdeen Elementary Club, Southern Pines Club, and the Baxter Teen Center.
- In 2018 we served over 2000 youth. 988 were members and 1078 were other youth served and we’re on track to exceed those numbers this year.
- 23 active volunteers, including high school students, who help with tutoring/homework, programs, Club errands, special events planning/set-up, & more.
- Club members are only charged $40 for the entire school year, including transportation and food, and $140 in the summer.
Sponsor A Child
- Club members can attend at no cost through this program.
- Sponsors pay $979.97 to sponsor a child for the school year or $1179.97 for the school year and the summer.
- Our goal is 175 sponsored this school year/summer.
Gifting Great Futures Day
- Friday, December 13th.
- Phone-a-thon is from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Volunteers are needed to make calls (hourly blocks)- find our Facebook event for the sign-up link.
- In addition to phone pledges we are asking people to bring in donations & celebrate the ability to “gift great futures” with us.
- You can also donate online at sandhillsbgc.org, click on Gifting Great Futures Day at the top.
- Suggest listeners start a Facebook fundraiser to benefit Boys & Girls Club of the Sandhills.
- This is also an opportunity to thank current donors for their support.
- Partnering with the Moore County Chamber, Clicksuasion, and Moore Choices to spread the word.