Director Lee Dixon of NC Get Covered and managing attorney David Richardson for Legal Aid of North Carolina discuss the Feb. 15th deadline for Health Care sign up in our state.
Their conversation covers all of the following points:
- What is NC Get Covered?
- Where are they located?
- Who is a part of NC Get Covered?
- This year’s open enrollment period
- Quick recap on successes of first open enrollment period and this year
- How many people have enrolled in NC this open enrollment period?
- Why should people get covered?
- Five reasons to get covered
- Feb. 15 deadline
- ACA fine
- Where should people go if they have questions about the ACA?
- NC Get Covered (website, online resources, phone number)
- In-person assisters
- What is being done locally (In-person assister to address).
- Are there local events still happening?
- What do people need to know about this open enrollment period?
With four weeks to the deadline, here are some important numbers and information for anyone seeking to change or initiate their health insurance coverage for 2015.
1-855 733-3711 – talk directly with a consultant with questions about insurance coverage. (also SAP available)
www.ncgetcovered.org – website to enroll and start the process.
1 800 672-5834 – Legal Aid Office
Moore County Places to enroll :
Monday’s – First Health Community Health Services
Wednesday – Moore Free Care Clinic – Southern Pines