The Friends of Malcom Blue Farm in Aberdeen, N.C. are our guests today.
- Kelly Hinson – past President of the Moore County Historical Society
- Bob Martin – volunteer and tour guide
- Tom Steves – a member of the Tar Heels Boys & Linda
- Linda Jarrett – a descendant and a leader of the Friends of Malcolm Blue Farm.
- Brian Avery – historian and local author
In addition to covering the upcoming APRIL 30TH EVENT – TAR , PITCH & TURPENTINE to be held at the Farm from 10 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. our guests speak about:
- THE HISTORY OF THE MALCOLM BLUE FARM AND FAMILY
- THE ORIGINS OF THE TAR, PITCH & TURPENTINE
- THE ORGANIZATION – THE FRIENDS OF THE MALCOM BLUE FARM
This farm was integral part of Moore County’s history through the 1700 & 1800’s and it’s economic importance helped to serve as a catalyst for the growth of the neighboring communities of Southern Pines & Pinehurst. Understanding and preserving a piece of our history appeals to native
residents and to the many new citizens of Moore County over these past two decades.