The Malcom Blue Farm Festival is September’s highlight event in Aberdeen. Our guests give so much detail about all the happenings at this annual event.
Nicola Squires, one of the owners of High Octane, Aberdeen’s only coffee shop, and real estate broker, Angie McKew of Sandhill Realty, have become part of the new face and growth.
They discuss Aberdeen in general, the changing environment and the vibrant downtown area as well as additional events coming up this fall.
Cheslin Astorino –Recreation Program and Event Coordinator- Town of Aberdeen
Bob Martin- Friend of Malcolm Blue Farm, farm tour curator
Kelly Hinson-Friend of Malcolm Blue Farm, re-enactor
We are here to discuss the upcoming Malcolm Blue Festival for the Town of Aberdeen.
1. What is the Malcolm Blue Festival?
2. What is the history of the farm?
3. What are the dates and times for the festival?
4. How much does it cost to get into the festival?
5. What does the line up for the festival on Saturday look like?
6. What is the difference between the farm skills school day on Friday and the festival on Saturday?
7. What kind of bands will be there?
8. What kind of demonstrators and vendors will be there?
9. What new additions are at the farm this year?
10. What type of food will be there?
11. Are there tours of the farm and museum the day of the festival?
Who our demonstrators and vendors are:
* string instruments
* – border collie demonstration
* washboard instruments, box drum demonstration
* bringing antiques
* bag piper
* panning for gems
* live music in the parlor
* North Carolina Highland Regime/71st-coming out to demonstrate shooting muskets etc
* Edenton Bell Battery bringing their cannon
* tobacco stringing
* Braddy Battery
* mc for the battels
* Town Crier
* 35th Scottish Riffle Men
* plow/horse demo
* I-zon U productions
* So Sweet Gems
* Grandma Lou’s lollipops
* Brown Eyed Girls Crafts
* Lands of the Pine Soap Co. (goat milk products)
* Jim’s Gems
* Minerva Jams and Jelly
* The Scuppernong Press
* Railhouse Brewery
* Chappell’s Ice Cream
* Mrs. K’s
* Aberdeen Feed and Seed
* Pandora Soap Works
* The Soap Apothecary
* High Country Kettle Corn
* Annie Barton- collard sandwiches
* Buggy Town Coffee-
* Ithaca Acres Creamery- goat milk lotion and cheeses
* Pine needle baskets
* We have an off duty officer coming at 11:30 for all our beer needs
* Simmons horse and carriage is all set to come out
* Aberdeen Seed and supply will be back with mums and pumpkins
* Border Collie demonstration is at 1 pm
* Port o potty is coming out again this year
* Red tie transit is set up to transport people
* Moore Equine is all set to bring: petting zoo, pony well, train, etc
* Face Painters will be back this year
* I have a bag piper coming out to demonstrate etc
* Wristbands are here for the event
10:00- Cousin Amy’s Deluxe Old Time String Band
11:00 Musket shooting
11:15 Scottish Dance Performance
11:30 Cutting Grass Bluegrass Band
11:45 Cannon Shooting
12:00 Box Drum Demo
12:15 Battle re-enactment
12:30 Musket shooting
1:00 Border collie Demo
1:30 Scottish Dance Performance
1:45 Grass Street Band
2:00 Cannon Shooting
2:15 Battle re-enactment
2:30 Cloggers demo
3:00 Shooting Demo
3:15 Sleeping Dog Band
4:00 Cannon Shooting